Long distance move - Trust moving company unpack

I will be moving cross country and wonder whether to entrust the movers with handling my system. A friend is doing the packing on the load in side.  My question is should I trust the movers on the load out to uncrate and place my system in my new home? Or better to reach out to a local audio shop and have a tech do it.  COVID scenario complicates the issue since I am in.a high risk category and will not be at either site but will FaceTime with the movers.  I will have a friend present at unload but she won't be able to manage heavy components.  
Thanks for any advice and stay well.  
128x128cantorgale

Greetings! I found your article to be very helpful. It provided me with a lot useful information regarding moving companies.You might also like to read about the best moving companies at Long Distance Movers Las Vegas. Learn more about moving companies here. Include more than a few interesting points about this issue. You should provide more details than just the top house moving services

+ 1 on fear and loathing.

I've not been able to shop for my movers, who have been vendors who worked with my employers.

Some loss and damage in all cases, with variable luck on the insurance: some vendors quickly made it right, but the last one kept demanding "further documentation" 'till I gave up (right up there with the company that cancelled roadside assistance on my vehicle because I used it).

That said, my audio gear, always packed to shipping standards, has always come through OK.

But nothing too big or complex.  If I had really high value or delicate kit, I'd think the most reassuring solution  would be to rent a van and move it myself, maybe with the help of occasional labor on both ends.

The honus for take precaution with gear on owner. This why alway keep origin box for all item. Meet professional tell them what you have and if they can’t tell every guy importance for audio or antique go next company. If no origin box write live animal on each box and poke air hole. Tell guy animal sedate and move gently to not wake. If speaker big tell hibernate bear. If phono cart tell them honeybee need to go in cab. Just no say human in box because might ask question.

@tubebuffer Fantastic advice. Am I correct you also previously mentioned lingerie football team that works as moving company during offseason? 

@cantorgale In all seriousness, please don't ask movers to unpack your gear. You're best to wait until you arrive and do it yourself or schedule guys from dealer to meet you upon arrival. If you setup time now and offer a deposit to reserve their time, you will be less likely to get hosed. Cheers,

Spencer 

If I were you, I wouldn't trust the movers with the system. I became paranoid after hearing so many stories about stolen and damaged stuff. It's a too significant investment to put into inexperienced hands. However, if you have no other suitable choice, analyze the company you hire very well. Read the reviews, ask questions, and explore the enterprise's website. I did all this before hiring getmanandvan.co.uk for our last move. And I'm glad I ensured the quality of the chosen services. All my properties were transported in intact condition.