Best speakers around $130k?

Go!

mjbishop99

Based on your pre and amp, as well as you feeling Wilson is too forward, Kharma Exquisite Classique or Midi would be perfect for you. They are probably one of the best speakers I've ever heard, and go absolutely fantastic with Boulder electronics.

Best speakers I ever heard : Ilumnia Magister MK2 , KEF Muon. Not my stuff: B&W, S. Faber , Wilson,… ( no natural sound)

Reading your post I immediately imagined all the BS and sick jokes you will get in response. I do not understand too how this attitude supports the audiophile community, that this forum supposedly represents.

Now to your question - I don’t think there are lots of (any?) options that can beat Magico in this price segment. Used Q7 will be even below your price tag and with your gear they should sound terrific.

@jdoris  Hey - just now I had cause to check my EL34 tube amp and behold!  There is a 4ohm tap.  I had forgotten.  Eat me.

So I'm good for a pair of those Ventures babes, and (from some reviews) the dude who designs them seems like a happy and very erudite bloke.

Glad you agree about the Ventures.  Interesting about the 4 Ohms.  Not to many speakers I know of like that.

Is the idea that 4 ohms constrains amp choices?  I'm guessing folks buying 130k speakers aren't so worried about that :)

I meant Borresen 05 but could  o longer edit my previous comment.

Here is a video of them anyway.