Poorer sound stage and bass impact, Focal Scala Utopia Evo vs  Focal Sopra N3???

I went to a Focal demo rooms to compare above two speakers but thought the Scala's performance is not as good as Sopra N3!To my surprise, that N3's stage is bigger, bass is deeper and more impactful vs Scala!
Among the two speakers,  Sopra N3 is a demo unit but Scala Utopia Evo is a new unit.
Both speakers are put in the same location between listening, using same Naim integrated amplifiers and cables.
 Any idea what may went wrong? I thought that it is may because of Scala needs more break in time or different position in the room

pg99

Per the documentation the Scala Utopia has an adjustable crossover.  Quite likely that it was not set optimally.

Huh, Both speakers are rated for the same size room? I’ve had less resolving speakers hide my average electronics, but the sopra line is def better than average, bet Erik_squires is right.

@pg99 you may have just saved me a Hifi system (thank you). I was really on the fence about ditching my mid tier system to splurge on the Evo (as opposed to the N3 I already ordered).

I was blown away by the N3 in person, however not hearing first hand the Evo, I'll just stay with my purchase... I think?

My wife however will lose her mind seeing yet another speaker, so maybe I should see some stuff so in her head "I'll only have two systems", not three?