Nobsound springs - load range

I want to try out the Nobsound springs as damping footers (mainly under my mono blocks and my streamer). I ordered a first set of them and now I wonder about the amount of springs to put in for different weights of equipment.I remember one post that said it works best when 50% compressed (was it @millercarbon?).

I measured the compression of the springs, it takes ~2.5 kg per spring to compress it to 50%. Based on 50% compression target, this yields the following sweet spot configurations (only stable ones, total equipment weight):
- 3 units, 3 springs each: 22.5 kg
- 4 units, 3 springs each (or 3 units, 4 springs each): 30 kg - 4 units, 4 springs each: 40 kg
- 3 units, 6 springs each: 45 kg
- 3 units, 7 springs each: 52.5 kg
- 4 units, 6 springs each: 60 kg
- 4 units, 7 springs each: 70 kgLoad can be considerably higher than expected (somewhere I read about 36kg, which is presumably for 4 units).

Any comments?What about ~10 kg streamer, seems to be too light to compress the springs enough? Does anyone have experience with Nobsound springs under light equipment like this?
Based on your experiences: Would you even dare to put an 80kg floor standing speaker on Nobsound springs?
hm9001

So glad to find this thread. I like to know why things work. The formulas provided help. Although I was doing trial and error, I did get good results.

Chronology:

1. Bought 8 Audiocrast springs on Amazon after the majority here like the results of springs. I picked this brand because it had a higher weight capacity. My speakers are 120 lbs each. Results were as someone said, "right", you just know it. Pretty much same as others. Details, transients, weight, just better

2. LIked the results so much i ordered 8 more for my subs. What once sounded like a single note, had more detail, more and a cleaner bass. At the same time I could feel it. Low notes were the biggest surprise.

So I put these under the four speakers and it worked. Wow! That was simple. And Amazon would take them back if I don’t like them.

3. So what about the amp, streamer, DAC, preamp? Springs didn’t seem practical. Some components are too small and light weight. So I ordered a bunch of Herbie’s Tenderfoots. And the sound went backwards. I noticed bright treble. Bass was not as detailed and more carryover(I forget the word to describe it).

So, I am glad that fine tuning is possible. I have one spring under the speaker that is more compressed. Otherwise, not sure what to do but will fiddle around. Have all winter!

I decided to give the Nobsound springs a try with my MC275 amplifiers. They were already resting on oak plywood bases (home made). I removed the feet and placed the bases on the springs and made sure it was level. Hooked everything back up, started my system and starting streaming the song "Along in Kyoto" by the group Air. First song and I heard details that I had never heard (maybe noticed) before.

I am trying to be skeptical about this, but the next album I streamed had what I can only describe as more depth. It was as if the sound field had depth below the floor. It’s a strange description, but as I was listening it was as if the floor dropped due to the sound field. It’s a weird sensation. It is really difficult to describe.

Imagine now fine tuned  damped loaded speakers with springs asymmetrically compressed  under and over the speakers....

😉