ARC LS15 tube replacement suggestions

I recently purchased an ARC LS15 line stage to run with my ARC VT100 mkIII amp.  Everything sounds great but I have no idea how old the tubes in the line stage have been in there, so I would like to change them out.  Audio Research suggests the EH tubes they stock at the factory.  I have friends telling to go NOS and I have reached out to a couple of dealers, and they wouldn't really make a suggestion.  I know there are some folks on here that either have or have owned the LS15 that can give me some feedback.  Thank you!

rsmith73

There were actually 2 versions of LS15, latter version has removable power cord, better caps, improved power supply. ARC used to upgrade the original but would be surprised if they still do. Though you could possibly haver someone do the cap upgrade.  When I called around back then, was usually told it really wasn't a model to be helped much by upgrade tubes or outside mods...I used ARC tubes, but the ARC upgrade to the latter version was a very nice improvement...

I owned LS-15 long time ago. Used it with McCormack DNA-225 amp. I remember liking the EH Gold Pin 6922 tubes in it. You can also try Gold Lion 6922.
For new production tubes I recommend either Tube Depot or Upscale Audio.

If you want to try NOS, email Brent Jesse, tell him what type of sound you are looking for and provide your budget and preamp model. I purchased from Brent before and he is solid.

One more important note - get matched pairs. 

RAM 6922 in the line stage grade are excellent for a very tightly screened and graded tube. Brent is an excellent source of Nos tubes and a straight shooter. My recollection is that LS -15 benefits greatly with a Richard Grey feeding it AC.

Best to you, enjoy the music

Jim

Thanks for the input guys!  I appreciate it.  I do have one of the earlier versions.  They do not still offer the upgrade.  Basically, they are telling me if it isn't broke, don't fix it.  Tubes OK to replace for sure.  I think I will just try their recommendation first and go from there.  It all sounds good to me now so I can maybe only improve in small steps.