B&W 804s too bright

Hi all, I have just purchased a used pair of 804s in good condition. But the thing is, I find that they actually sounded a bit too bright. Before this I was using a pair of Martin Logans and had no such problem. I was thinking whether it is my other equipment which is giving me the problem.

I am running the 804s with Emotiva XPA-3 power amp, ERC-1 CDP and Marantz 6003 as preamp. In between pre and power I have a Yaqin tube buffer to add a tinge of tube taste to all.

Any suggestions?
chaozhoi
1-1st of all, which 804-D, S, Nautilus, or matrix?
2-2nd, if your speakers stay true to the B&W pedigree, then it's not that it is too bright, but rather revealing of less than ideal sources before the speakers- whether source recording, cdp, electronics, cables. You need to upgrade probably the whole front end. demo some Classe, Macintosh, Bryston, et al. Search the forums here and read about equipment from B&w owners. Good luck.
I agree with Elee. To further comment on my above post, I used to have Rotel CD, preamp and RB1080 amp with B&W CM4. I upgraded to 804S and it became bright and painful. I replaced the amp for a MC275 and it was great. So here's an example of the 804S revealing weaknesses of what was going on upstream. Then I replaced the pre with a Lamm pre (also tubes), and I'm loving the combination. Tubes and 804S, in my experience, are a great match.
Hi, thanks for the advice.. I am using 804S and mentioned in the topic. I just got a Adcom 750 preamp and will start looking out for a power amp.. meanwhile I am looking for a some cable change while scouting for the next power amp.
suggestion: get your amp first, then cables. That's assuming you are talking speaker cables or IC between pre and amp.

my two cents.
If you can upgrade your cables now, you can do so without too much worry. It really didn't matter that I got the right amps, after I got the right cables, and before I got the right pre. That is my experience. I am sorry to hear that you can't find any used or is it new Cardas where ever it is, where you live. Did you try the Cable Co. in the USA? I am fairly confident that the better Cardas cables with "Golden" in the name of the cable are what you want. The biggest problem is price, these cables are expensive, even used. I don't know what Chord has that is similar.