RIP oregonpapa

Today, oregonpapa (Frank) passed away. He will be greatly missed by many of us on Audiogon. I got to know him about a year ago personally, having had many phone calls with him over that time. He was a delightfully kind man, who freely shared his wisdom with others. Bedsides high end audio, , Frank was very knowlegable about world history and politics. Good bye my friend. Jeff

yoby

Very sorry to hear of Frank's passing. I always enjoyed reading his posts, which were invariably enthusiastic and generous. He was that rare audiophile who seemed to love music as much as his gear. I especially loved his posts on jazz. RIP, Frank. You'll be missed.

Awe man, regret his passing here. I believe we'll all miss his contribution to this forum in his spirit, knowledge and demeanor.

Very saddened to hear.....must be two years ago when I first called Frank over our enthusiasm for the PPT line.

Over many calls, Frank told of growing up in post-war California and of how beautiful it was then. He often mentioned a school teacher who left a life-long impression on him and other kids by teaching the importance of a pocket knife and taking classrooms into the woods to teach kids how to camp.

He told of hanging out in West-coast jazz clubs circa 1960 and witnessing some recording sessions, when the studios used big, analog equipment. He had a love for recordings of un-retouched sound that was not "drenched in reverb", as he put it. He sent many of us CDs of master recordings, some used to demo gear in audio stores of the era. Frank was generous in reminding us of what is still possible today.

If you had ever called Frank and heard his recorded message, you heard his ending of, "Hey, do you know how terrific you look with that big smile on your face?" And you would smile....

He rests in Heaven, reunited with his Savior.

Surprising and awful news, which came out of nowhere. Really admired, respected, and genuinely liked Frank. His commitment and passion to high end audio, combined with his youthful enthusiasm to constantly keep improving things set the best of examples. As so many here mentioned, he was a person noteworthy for his kindness and generosity with his time and the material blessings he received. The community here is meaningfully less without him.

Godspeed, Frank. Hope you and those close to you find peace!