Tannoy Stirlings on the way!

Hi, everybody.  Longtime member, first time caller.

I just ordered up a pair of Tannoy Stirling GR floorstanders, and, frankly, I'm looking for people to rejoice with!

I'm a speakers guy, through and through.  I've got Dynaudios, Focals, B&Ws, Totems, Wharfedales, Klipsches, and even my old Polk 5Bs, the first speakers I ever bought, way back in the '80s.  I wanted to try something very different, and the Prestige line Tannoys really spoke to me.  The coincident drivers, the old-school-ish paper cone, the old-school cabinets and ports.  I'm really looking forward to hearing how they soundstage!

I thought about getting the Turnberrys, but the Stirlings should be just about the perfect size for my [extremely irregular] room.  Especially since I already have a pair of subs.

I'm pretty chuffed.
trentmemphis

@mesch 

That's some big doings!  Congrats on the house and the new amps.  A dedicated listening room is awesome.  Your Stirlings will thank you, I imagine.

Yes, right now enjoying the Sterlings as played by the Aric Audio Transcend with KT120 tubes. 

I should add that my choice on the Sterlings was driven not only by sonic criterion. I love the way they look and that they have a very sturdy grill that snaps in place to protect drivers. I have 3 grandkids that live with me half time. Ages 5 and 6.  

Hey, for premium prices, you ought to get something you like to both see and hear. The grills and general "old timey" looks appealed to me, too.

The Prestige oiled walnut cabinets become more beautiful with age, too. If you wax them once a year or so. The Liberon Black Bison paste wax (Walnut color) is what you want - exactly the same as the stuff Tannoy ships. Other waxes use solvents with a noxious scent; no good for a living room application. 

Big thanks muveling!  Looks like it's readily available a few places.  I've only waxed mine once since 2019 and the factory supplied will be gone in another application or so.  Curious, where did you order yours?