Introspective of this forum: "Does the Audiophile Community Have a Promlem?" I Say yes!!!

This article is so insightful to this forum and the toxicity in the community. (My Opinion)

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone?

I know I have contributed to the toxicity here and will try to be a better citizen. Hopefully some will read this and see they are part of the problem (LOL)

Some will not and continue to play their roll as the Toxic Avenger.

https://www.ecoustics.com/articles/audiophile-community-problem/

There is a particular board on a specific forum that was hidden from the outside world because of how horrible it was. Where personal politics and racism was the norm 24-7 and one member even committed suicide after months of abuse. We watched him fight with other members on a daily basis and get a lot of heat back. He was fine most of the time when dealing with him on a individual basis but then he descended into some really horrible commentaries about race and certain countries and he went down the rabbit hole into some dark places.

Websites like ASR hold zero interest for me because a lot of the users are just there to be “right” and make others feel very small because their views don’t align with certain points of view.

128x128jerryg123

How enunciating clearly the fact that ONLY tool measurements or subjective listening impression alone CANNOT be rational could EVER be a "universal insult" ?

How refusing to abide by "subjectivist" or "objectivist" credo and dogmas could ever be a "universal insult" ?

How could an appeal to think about psycho-acoustic science could be an insult?

Are you deranged?

My question is not an insult but an answer to your IRRATIONAL rant motivated by copy/paste of posts our of their context WITHOUT ANY ARGUMENT...

With 5 posts behind your assault against rationality and thinking, what must do we think?

thynamesinnervoice

5 posts

I discovered myself the hard way that "subjectivist" and objectivist" cults are mirrorring the complete ignorance of psycho-acoustic and ignorance of the way to embed each piece of gear optimally..

Universal Insult

@mahgister : don't mind this guy. It's the same dude with multiple previous banned usernames. He is posting with the username he specifically created to harass me, as it sounds like his "cindy" username may have banned again. Avoid / ignore. Don't engage. It can get a lot worse / uglier 

Great post!

I concur with my friend the mechanic who could repair Santa Claus sleigh better than me...

I consider moderation here almost perfectly well done betwwen freedom fine line and censorship...

I wish to my friend and to the moderators here the best Christmas ever....

How many moderators do you think AG has? Volunteers? This isn't a church social club it's a business. I'm pretty sure they have a VERY small staff. 1-3 moderators at the most and they wear their hats 15 more ways. I can tell when a different moderator is in the drivers seat for sure.. Like the weekends. I got hammered by the mods.. I probably deserved it.. LOL

If you don’t like the forum LEAVE! For the most part we are music lovers looking for opinions and help on music systems. Yes like everything in todays world the forum has been infected with trolls who serve no purpose on the site or in life. Rule number one is do not acknowledge them or engage with them. That is what they want. When no one confirms their existence they will move on to a forum that will. Yes there will always be more coming but I am sure just like know we all know who they are and just skip over their post (@jasonborne).

You are right! i am less wise than you indeed...

I wish you the best Christmast ever...

Thanks....

@mahgister : don't mind this guy. It's the same dude with multiple previous banned usernames. He is posting with the username he specifically created to harass me, as it sounds like his "cindy" username may have banned again. Avoid / ignore. Don't engage. It can get a lot worse / uglier