Not manufactured any more.

I'm looking at old Pics of speakers that I would love to see come back. 

I'll post two or three. What do you like? Post your DIY or that speaker that got away..

Enjoy the Holidays

Ag insider logo xs@2xoldhvymec

Acoustic Research Ar312 HO, and AR 308HO I have the AR312HO in my front room system and 2 pairs of the AR308 HO 1 pair boxed up and 1 pair in my bedroom system powered by my Decware Zen TORII MkV.

Anyone have a preference for cones? I always look for drivers with a material that isn't prone to going out of shape.  

Allison One's --my first audiophile speakers ~1977. Regret bartering them to an attorney friend who set up my sales company years later. Almost went with the DQ-10s but couldn't audition them at home.   Like the against the wall design principle and now have Larsen 8's.

Got my DQ 10’s in the mid-70’s and kept them playing for forty+ years. Got them for maybe $800 a pair back then. Finally gave them to a friend a couple of years ago when I replaced them with Magico A3’s. To me they have a similar sound that made them listenable to my DQ 10 immersed ears.

But what I really wanted back in the seventies and couldn’t afford were Quad ESL 57 electrostatics, whose appearance Dahlquist cloned. I joined the Army late 1977 after the Viet Nam War ended and was able to shop at the U.S. Army Audio-Visual stores in Germany. There you could get real bargains on great higher end equipment. Much to my chagrin they had a pair of the ESL 57’s on sale for only $400 (a month’s pay), but I had the new Dahlquist’s, so let the Quad’s pass through my fingers. I might have purchased one of the newer Quads instead of the Magicos were it not for the fact they are manufactured in China.nowadays.

Quad ESL 57
Quad ESL 57