How much gear do you own?

Do you have multiples of amps, preamps, speakers, cables, etc?

I do, and am starting to realize it's leaning hard toward a sickness rather than a passionate hobby.  Either that, or I'm getting up in age and tired of all the "stuff" I've acquired taking up so much space.

I went through a phase about ten years ago where I got tired of stereo gear and dumped most of it.  I really regretted it after a few years and acquired most (and then much more) back.

But this time it feels different somehow.  And I really think it has to do with my age...pushing 60.

Others go through this?

Thoughts?

128x128audiodwebe

Not really, I have lots of cables - digital optical, digital coaxial, balanced, HDMI and I don't have my tape deck hooked up.

I generally get rid of things I don't use - my exception has been music media (LPs and cassettes, thought I burned the CDs and then sold them to Half Price Books).

Anything I have I 'replace' or 'upgrade' I generally will offer to a friend/family member or donate.

He who ages with the LEAST amount of gear yet with the MOST satisfaction- wins

Aging with a tube amp/table/FM tuner/speakers and a few "stampers."

With luck, I will continue WITHOUT hearing aids.

@tablejockey I love your sentiment!

You can't take it with you - but you can make sure it is directed to a good home!

at 60 I am also thinning the herd considerably……. My goal for 2022 is to get down to a single TT …. wish me luck

I may be able to help you ^there^

Back on the topic…

I usually get the best gear I can afford, with the expectation it will not be replaced. But I did get some “good enough” gear, that is no longer used. Usually tuners, DVD players, CD players. Etc.

I'm not very smart for a deaf guy. I have 6 working systems and a bunch of tube amps in storage. I'm still not ready to sell off my stuff, I still have one good ear, LOL. My stuff is not a burden to me but it might be for my heirs....LOL. I won't care, I'll be dead...