PS Audio FR-30 Speaker...

aolmrd1241

30 day home trial and free shipping back if you don’t keep them. Can’t go wrong with that. What speaker companies do that anymore?  

May have to try a returned pair at 50% off. I can see many wanting to try and finding out that they are not tangibly better or more musical than many well reviewed brands in the $10-15k range that have a wide following. After all, they are not known to be a speaker company and I fear resale will be abysmal. Seen it happen many times, always with the same results. Could this time be different, of course. Curious to see how they fair moving forward after a few of the "Golden Ears" get their hands on them in their systems.

It doesn’t look like free shipping back to PS audio is included. Not unless I missed something. It reads to me that shipping on the purchase is free. The return shipping is at your expense and you have to get a return authorization number, which means you have to call PS audio and get a sales pitch for why you aren’t keeping the product from them before you get to return them. It’s less than as easy as it sounds. Although fair. It’s not easy to send something back. Also, you better make sure that you don’t put one scratch on them when you send them back. The condition that they are returning is based solely on white PS audio decides they are when they unpack them. I guess you better photograph the speakers and clean them exceptionally well before you send them back or else you might get a surprise  that they have seen some thing that you missed. Although like I said the manufacturer Hass to have all of these rules or else they would get all kinds of beat up stuff back and would never be able to resell them to recoup some of their money. I think it’s fair, that’s the only way you’re going to be able to offer a 30 day in-home listening experience is with strict rules. People generally think free is free and that the big bad manufacture that made some thing should eat whatever damage that they do to the manufactures product. It’s going to be interesting to see how it goes. I wonder what’s going to happen to the return speakers? How long they’ll be resting at PS audio until they get sold off as “b stock”.

it also looks like the way that they’re selling the speakers is in production runs. I wonder if that means container loads? I wonder if they can’t fill the container if they’ll still go through with the orders or if they’ll return the money? I guess that depends on if it won’t cost them money to do the order or not. I haven’t seen any photos or news on their YouTube channel about them setting up manufacturing add there Colorado factory. I would think if they were setting that up it would be something to boast about. They would be hiring lots of cabinet makers and finishing people if that was the case . if I had to guess and I might be wrong it’s probably container loads.

they also have maxed out trade-in at approximately $8500. It is awful nice of them to even consider doing this. I guess what will happen is that they will get shipped to their neighbor “the music room “ and get sold out from there….mixed in with some creative accounting the idea probably works pretty well and you might see other manufacturers considering this way of selling speakers.

i’m looking forward to seeing how they do through this whole adventure. They’re breaking more new ground than just selling speakers. They’re really giving the in-home trial A go… along with creative financing and selling a very unique looking speaker it’s going to be really interesting to see how they do it could change things in the speaker world forever

@raysmtb1 

Re-read their website…:slowly.

Returns are at their expense not the customer.  

Aj523 oh sorry but I still cannot see where it says that return shipping is free if you don’t like the speaker. I found the section about the warranty. Can you please pointed out to me better. Not trying to be a jerk just can’t find it. Thank you in advance