HiFi vs MidFi

I’m a relative noob to the audiophile scene, having just invested in an integrated amp and upscale (for me) speakers.  From time to time, I hear the term “MidFi” for some components.  Is there an objective or just largely accepted definition for this term?  I’d be curious to hear feedback on what constitutes HiFi vs. MidFi across various components.  
128x128bigtex22

@bigtex22 

Labels always do injustice to truth. Categorizing, stereotyping and dividing.  Some strange posts in this thread.  Since the only measure that matters is ones own ears, I would submit that when you hear music so well presented you are moved to tears or can feel what the creator is trying to achieve you have found the "Fi" that matters.  Enjoy it.  Enjoy it to the point where you could care less what anyone else thinks of your system. Smile at the people who want to argue over brand x and brand y while you cue up your own piece of audio nirvana.  

With a taste of a single SET amp, I may have to give the edge to SET on fidelity vs PP amplification, Have another SET arriving in 2 weeks.

Will keep you guys posted.

If a winner, then unequivocally I have to place SET as king of amplification.

AS for speakers/high fidelity ,, you know how I feel about that contest.

No need to reiterate, and be-labor that point.

There  are basically, roughly 3 levels of musical reproduction, Low, medium, high.

Bose would be a  perfect example of the very lowest spectrum of fidelity in speakers.

Many ss amps I would place in low to mid fi. 

I'd say there are  more SET amps that qualify for high fidelity,  vs whereas I am not sure I could place alot of PP amps in this category.

@mozartfan 

The three levels of "fi" you list is sheer genius. (just an elbow in the ribs for some holiday fun). Peace to all.