Best Phono You've Heard Under $2200

Tube or SS, doesn't matter. Just want to know the best you've heard/owned.

gochurchgo

@hifi59

Thanks I appreciate that, many outstanding choices which is great for system matching. I think I’m very close to pulling the trigger on the Modwright. Looking at the Musical Surroundings, Bryston BP2 also the Icon. The dealer I’m working with will take my SPL Phonos on trade towards the PH9.0x so I think that may be the way I go.

So after a couple weeks with the 20/20 I can say its taken my vinyl enjoyment up a notch. Ironically its made my system sound more holographic than adding tubes.

I wish Sutherland made a linestage, I'd be in for that. I cancelled the order on the other preamp and am content with this. Perhaps at some point in the future I'll add the LPS.

My MAGI phonomenal ($1000, 2 MM inputs) sounds better than my Allnic H1202 MM. 

This is a really cool thread because it delivers so many options. Obviously a lot of happy campers out there and companies making equipment people respond to. Me, my EAR Phono Classic arrived today to finally move out a very old friend, the first edition of the Acoustic Signature Tango. All the years I got out of that thing (a Needle Doctor purchase, no less) for $600, it was an absolute steaI. I have never, ever seen one for sale on the used market, and mine is destined some day for a second system.