Turntable upgrade recommendations: SME vs AMG vs Technics vs other

I've recently upgraded most of my system, but I still have a Rega P8, with Linn Krystal cartridge, which I like, but I've heard that there may be better options.

I have Sound Lab electrostatic speakers, Ypsilon Hyperior amplifiers, an Ypsilon PST-100 Mk2 pre-amplifier, and am thinking about an Ypsilon phono stage to match with my system, and a turntable/cartridge.  I listen to almost entirely classical, acoustic music. 

Based on my very limited knowledge, and simple research, I've been looking at three brands, each of which is a different type of turntable: SME (suspension), AMG (mass), and Technics (direct drive).  
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of turntables, and of those in particular?

Thanks.   

drbond

No glitches to the air system for me.  Smooth, quiet, idiot-proof.  I see some reference to price in some comments, but your OP suggests you are looking at some pretty expensive options, and the Air Force V is something like $22k, then you have the cost of the tonearm.

To complete my thoughts, bearing noise in a turntable is not always recognizable. In a quality turntable, it can manifest as high frequency distortion on top of the signal, which appears to be clarity in the triangle or the harpsichord. But this is artificial, and becomes wearing.

When you hear an air bearing, preferably three dimensions of air, you hear an absence of this HF distortion, and the result may sound 'dull' - that is, until you realize that 4 hours have passed and you still want to listen. And you just don't listen to the other turntable with the conventional bearing. At all.

In a phrase: clear, but not analytical.

No maintenance problems with my setup. Several stages of air filtration solved that. 

But there's more to the initial setup than for a conventional turntable, so be prepared for that. I suggest that you listen to some turntables, including at least one high end like Walker or Techdas, and decide if it's worth it. If not now, perhaps in 5 years. Whatever. It's your money and it's your enjoyment that counts.

Good luck - and tell us how it works out!

My suggestion is to find out when the next big audio show is going to be held and book a flight. When spending this kind of money you want to be able to get hands on the product. Any of these top flight tables should provide what you want, you need to see how easy it is to live with. A TT that is fiddly to operate may well get on your nerves and suck the enjoyment out of listening to your collection.

BillWojo

Post removed 

@rauliruegas :  Thanks for taking interest in my musical dilemma.  May I please ask why you suggest those over the higher end SME, or air bearing turntables?  Is that the sweet spot in pricing? 

Thanks.