Products you added to your system in 2021 that made most impact to your music enjoyment

As 2021 comes to an end, just thought it would be cool to share some of the most impactful audio upgrades in your system this year?
Here’s my top 5 list…

1. Pass Labs XP-12: Upgrade path was from Rogue RP-1 to Rogue RP-5 and then to Pass XP-12 that was the final touch. Huge improvements across the board. Mates well with my Rogue ST-100 tube amp.

2. Phono Cartridge: Goldring E3 MM to Hana EL MC. Clarity, presentation, dynamics in spades!

3. Phono Pre: From the built in phono pre in RP-1 and RP-5 to MoFi UltraPhono to Sutherland KC Vibe MkII. Lowered noise floor, increased resolution, dynamics. The KC Vibe MkII is almost double the cost of the MoFi and it’s the one of the few upgrades where an improvement was proportional to the cost difference. At least in my system. Records that seemed noisy become more listenable. A great little phono pre. 

4. Audience AU24sx speaker cables. These speaker cables are a clear window into a recording. Nothing hidden, nothing exaggerated. 

5. Power Cords: Acoustic Zen Gargantua for preamp and amp. Lower noise floor, increased resolution, natural sound, expanded soundstage

Honorable mentions:

1. Acoustic Zen Absolute Copper interconnects. In my opinion the AZ cables don’t get the respect they deserve on these forums anymore, overshadowed by some of the “flavor of the day” newcomers (without going into specifics on brands).

2. Puritan PSM156 power conditioner. 
3. Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable.

4. Lumin U1 Mini

5. MoFi LP#9 Stylus Cleaner. Better than the Onzo ZeroDust although I still use the Onzo between the sides. 

128x128audphile1

Analog domain: Hana EL cartridge ( replaced MoFi StudioTracker) as an add to my Technics 1500C

Digital domain: Add Technics SL-G700 SACD player/streamer via balanced inputs

Receiver: Replaced Yamaha RX-A3080 with Yamaha RX-A8A (huge difference though A8A has a few quirks)

Remainder of system: Martin Logan 60 XTI fronts, ML 50 XTI center, ML Dynamo 1600 Sub, PS Audio Stellar 300 powering stereo front via balanced interconnects

Found a used Schiit SOL TT and have been enjoying the results of some fine tuning of the setup including isolation, cartridge alignment, changing the back of the pod that holds cables, to accept a DIN connector. Then rerouted the motor power switch next to the motor for much easier access. Point is, when all is said and done, this kit makes beautiful music.

Changed my entire system in the past 15 months. Retired but saving a lot by not traveling. But the two most drastic changes have been the cartridge and, surprisingly, the speaker platforms. Specifically, the Lyra Atlas Lambda SL and Townshend Seismic Platforms. For sure, the Lyra was an incredible improvement over my Mayijima Shalabi but the Podiums were right up there with the SQ. Never imagined that vibration control on my speakers could be this major!

One of the main items I changed was an upgrade from Transparent Super Gen 5 interconnects to Transparent Ultra Gen 6 interconnects from my Linn Selekt DSM to a McIntosh D150.

I have been a customer of Transparent for 20 years and I have been totally blow away by this update. I know cables are controversial but I can honestly say the whole system is revealing low end content and detail that was never there before the swap.

Will probably change out the speaker cable as well to Ultra thru the upgrade program.

Geez, forgot that I also bought Tannoy Turnberry GRs.

Perfectly matched to my Primaluna Evo 400 power amp.

It certainly was the biggest improvement this year.