Turntable upgrade recommendations: SME vs AMG vs Technics vs other

I've recently upgraded most of my system, but I still have a Rega P8, with Linn Krystal cartridge, which I like, but I've heard that there may be better options.

I have Sound Lab electrostatic speakers, Ypsilon Hyperior amplifiers, an Ypsilon PST-100 Mk2 pre-amplifier, and am thinking about an Ypsilon phono stage to match with my system, and a turntable/cartridge.  I listen to almost entirely classical, acoustic music. 

Based on my very limited knowledge, and simple research, I've been looking at three brands, each of which is a different type of turntable: SME (suspension), AMG (mass), and Technics (direct drive).  
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of turntables, and of those in particular?

Thanks.   

drbond

I highly recommend that you call Steve at High Performance Stereo in Miami.  He is honest and knowledgeable.  He is an advertiser here at Audiogon.  I have dealt with him for years and can't say enough good about him.

Bill

@billstevenson 

Thanks for the recommendation, but Miami is 5 hours away from me, and, as has been mentioned, dealers will peddle their own goods.  (It may as well be NYC.)  

I was hoping a user had heard a couple of these turntables and could recommend what the strengths of one vs the other are, but I suppose not many have listened to these TT.  

Thanks.

If your looking at turntables in that price range you might also consider Reed this last one is a modern idler drive. 

@drbond , I have Sound Labs Speakers. If you are talking about the SME 30/2 or 30/12 it is a no brainer. I would take the SME 12A over any Technics Table. It is isolated and has a much better arm than any Technics ever made. I do not think genre means anything when it comes to tables and arms. Cartridges are another issue. I would consider a transimpedance phono stage like the Sutherland Loco or Channel D Lino C and a really low impedance moving coil like the My Sonic Lab Ultra Eminent EX