Turntable upgrade recommendations: SME vs AMG vs Technics vs other

I've recently upgraded most of my system, but I still have a Rega P8, with Linn Krystal cartridge, which I like, but I've heard that there may be better options.

I have Sound Lab electrostatic speakers, Ypsilon Hyperior amplifiers, an Ypsilon PST-100 Mk2 pre-amplifier, and am thinking about an Ypsilon phono stage to match with my system, and a turntable/cartridge.  I listen to almost entirely classical, acoustic music. 

Based on my very limited knowledge, and simple research, I've been looking at three brands, each of which is a different type of turntable: SME (suspension), AMG (mass), and Technics (direct drive).  
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of turntables, and of those in particular?

Thanks.   

drbond

You may want to consider the Pure Fidelity Harmony. I’ve had mine for a few months now outfitted with an Origin Live Conqueror MK 4 and am really happy with the build and SQ of this combo. You have a top flight system so may be considering a higher priced setup but you will not be disappointed in what the PF table will do when paired with a quality arm like the OL and a similarly capable cartridge. Good luck with your search! 

I would see if a few of the closer shops would consider taking care of the installation, which I think they should in your price range.

I have heard the AMG and Technics with the same cartridge (DS Audio optical cartridge) and I prefer the AMG. The background is blacker and it sounds more dynamic.

I have not heard the SME

At your price point you might want to look into Galibier Design turntables, with an Ikeda tonearm.

@drbond Among the 3 top TT you have selected, SME is the best and that too by a considerable margin. The most neutral, the quietest and the most dynamic among the three. 

You have some compelling options - VPI and Linn may be appropriate to add to the list. 

What are you looking for in regards to sound versus your P8?  And is P10 a consideration?