SACD vs. Redbook with NOS DAC

Silly question? Maybe not. I've been really enjoying the SACD format for some time. Relatively recently, I've been exposed to NOS DACs and have found there are a LOT of similarities: smoothness. They both sound like analog!!

So, now I'm at a point where I'm considering dumping my SACDP for a computer-based system with NOS/filterless DAC. I was just wondering if others have gone this very same route and have thoughts to share?
paulfolbrecht
I have had both and a turntable spinning all at the same time in various configs... SACD is really cool if you can do the surround variation of it, if its 2 channel and thats all your goal is, in my opinion the Redbook NOS route has been the best and most enjoyable, #1 titles are nearly limitless, and the sound is actually even better depending on the remaster version you can get vs. SACD.. Vinyl is still a whole other raw in your face format and still does things with certain cuts better than both, but redbook with a good NOS comes relatively close.
I have had both and a turntable spinning all at the same time in various configs... SACD is really cool if you can do the surround variation of it, if its 2 channel and thats all your goal is, in my opinion the Redbook NOS route has been the best and most enjoyable, #1 titles are nearly limitless, and the sound is actually even better depending on the remaster version you can get vs. SACD.. Vinyl is still a whole other raw in your face format and still does things with certain cuts better than both, but redbook with a good NOS comes relatively close.
I posted a review on the Consonance CD-120 Linear about a year ago and it seconds your thoughts on the analog like sound of the filterless NOS. I still like the player and have no intention of going back.
Moderator, could you move these posts to the other thread of the same title... it now has more posts... 1,000 apologies.
Bumping this up since this "version" of the thread has actual testimonies of people giving up SACD for redbook with a NOS DAC.