The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa

@dabel,

Who’s cost trade in @tyray ? QSA’s MSRP.

Yes, for up to 90 days to return for the full price towards the upgraded fuse. And this is important, you can trade one for one only.

I must admit, when I first got the QSA Light Blue’s, the SR Purps hadn’t came out yet and I got the ’QSA fever!’ And was seriously contemplating - ’ok, this is how I’m gonna upgrade/trade up to the next QSA fuse and to the next QSA fuse and to the next QSA fuse and...’🙂

I have to admit that I’m glad to hear at least one person who’s done the comparison say that the SR purple is as good, or better, than the QSA violet. Over $200 is definitely getting out of my comfort zone for a fuse, however much benefit it may bring.

Coltrane’s Blue Train is sounding mighty fine. With the SR purple I am hearing, and appreciating, more of Paul Chambers’ contribution on the bass.

“Blue Trane” is an absolutely fabulous recording regardless of fuse. Something is wrong if it is otherwise.

Its like saying Sophia Loren was a beautiful woman. …when my eyes are open and actually paying attention.

“Blue Trane” is an absolutely fabulous recording regardless of fuse. Something is wrong if it is otherwise.”

Agreed, it’s a great recording. What are you trying to say, that the reproduction of great recordings can’t be improved?!