Nobsound springs - load range

I want to try out the Nobsound springs as damping footers (mainly under my mono blocks and my streamer). I ordered a first set of them and now I wonder about the amount of springs to put in for different weights of equipment.I remember one post that said it works best when 50% compressed (was it @millercarbon?).

I measured the compression of the springs, it takes ~2.5 kg per spring to compress it to 50%. Based on 50% compression target, this yields the following sweet spot configurations (only stable ones, total equipment weight):
- 3 units, 3 springs each: 22.5 kg
- 4 units, 3 springs each (or 3 units, 4 springs each): 30 kg - 4 units, 4 springs each: 40 kg
- 3 units, 6 springs each: 45 kg
- 3 units, 7 springs each: 52.5 kg
- 4 units, 6 springs each: 60 kg
- 4 units, 7 springs each: 70 kgLoad can be considerably higher than expected (somewhere I read about 36kg, which is presumably for 4 units).

Any comments?What about ~10 kg streamer, seems to be too light to compress the springs enough? Does anyone have experience with Nobsound springs under light equipment like this?
Based on your experiences: Would you even dare to put an 80kg floor standing speaker on Nobsound springs?
hm9001

@hm9001, I think we agree but that I did not state it clearly enough. If a single spring has a 4kg rate per 4cm, then from the resting point of a 1kg wt at 1cm, it would take another 1kg of weight to depress 1 more cm additional. It's what I have heard referred to as a 'constant rate' compression spring.

(Different is a 'progressive rate spring' where the rate changes, and increases as you depress. A common example was fork spring replacements in motorcycles for a nicer ride.)

Thanks very much for the above info on frequencies. It makes sense and I will work to further digest the resonant frequency issue. This sure gets me started. It will be interesting, after I do the math conversion to see where the 9.3 lb springs may get me or not.  Thanks again.

My point on 'constant force' should have been 'constant additional force' for movement of a constant size, additionally. 

With a constant rate spring the additional force (or weight) from (equidistant positions) position 3-4 should be the same as the additional required to move from 5-6, for example.

My wondering was that if the equipment (wt or force) sits in the operating range of linear motion of the linear spring will require a similar push, etc. to move it whether it sits up high or low (while remaining in range).

With a static application what changes (or not) from riding high in the range to riding low in the range. I guess those were the results from changing out numbers of springs. Interesting for sure. Thx.

I had 4 Machina Dynamica springs under everything prior to buying the Nobs. Well, I started pulling springs out late yesterday with 3 springs/ 3 Nobs under the Oppo first (decent improvement). Today I got busy starting with my LSA Voyager GaN 350 amp (OMG!), then my Audio Alchemy DDP-1 + PS 5 (here I only used 2 each X 3). This leaves my Core Power 1800 PLC, which currently has 4 Machina Dynamica springs.

I am totally amazed. I now have authoritative bass- mid bass, which gives the music more drive, putting a big smile on my face. CD is Lyle Lovett The Road to Ensenada. One of my torture test CDs is Jennifer Nettles Playing With Fire. It's on as I write this. Where many of the songs sounded thin, so far it sounds natural, like she's in the room .

There are a couple LSA Voyager threads, and a few guys mentioned they found it slight of bass: SURPRISE.

So thanks for this thread!!!!  I had them under all my kit, but never thought to experiment and pull springs out.

Post removed