RCA interconnect recommendation

Would like recommendations for interconnects for both analog and digital side to an integrated Rogue Cronus amp from a Nottingham/EAR 834P on one side and an Antelope Zodiac DAC on the other side. What should I be looking at and what kind of budget should I set. I'm thinking up to $500  for a pair but have no idea. Thanks for all advice.

smaarch1

I forgot to mention that I haven't tried the AZ Silver Ref II; was leary of silver at the time. Soix has an interesting point about trying it, if you like the MR II.

More excellent advice - Thanks @gary_c
I’m going to hold on The Cable Company for now but you’ve given me what I need to understand how it works.
There was some thought earlier which brought me to the AZ cables and the suggestion was to use the Matriz on the phono side and the Silver on the Dac side. Something about this advice sounds right. Let’s see what happens.
In the meantime a simple switch last week of a cheap interconnect and a less cheap one (mogami cable) between sides most definitely reveals a difference and it isn’t subtle.

@gary_c "...you will probably also like the Cardas Golden Cross or Golden Reference, although someone else had a different opinion. I went from AZ Matrix Ref II to Golden Cross and found it to sound more spacious, fuller and more rounded, yet with a little more clarity than the Matrix. I wouldn’t rule them out.".

@gary_c having owned both Golden Cross (prior) and Golden Reference (current), by chance have you tried both and compared the two?

If you don’t like the slight rolloff and added plushness of the GCs, you might like the GRs a little more. I sold off all of my GCs to a Pass Labs owner who loves them for the older version amps that were brighter. I bought the GRs for another system I was gonna build. Decided to swap the GRs to my main system and using the GRs right now on my mono tube amps. Now comparing to my other Analysis Plus Crystals OCC interconnects. I'm not sure the GRs will displace the AP crystals.  

The GRs are very close to the same design as the Cardas Clear Reflections which have the newer connector ends. I think I like the Golden Refs better than the Clear Reflections I demo’d earlier this year The GRs have started opening up with some time on them. Nice tone, texture, depth without being overly plush. They also work nicely with newer design tube amps using new repro small signal and output tubes too.

@decooney 

Yes, I have owned the GR and GC IC at the same time (and also GR, GC, and Hexlink Golden 5C speaker cables). I had a slight preference for the GC IC in my system. The GR IC was very good (perhaps more clear and balanced overall), but the GC added more fullness a more liquid sound, and I didn't find the highs to be rolled off (or not to a noticeably detrimental level, IME).

This was in a system with a Simaudio CD player and integrated amplifier, so I suspect that YMMV with tubes or different SS equipment. I only mentioned the GC/GR because AZ was recommended, which I have also used and am familiar with. That, and the comment to steer away from Cardas, because I find some elements of AZ and Cardas to be similar, yet in other aspects not at all.

The AP solo crystal IC and SC are also very good, and I've also owned both, as well as Oval 9 and 12 SC.

@gary_c good to know, would be fun to try the az refs too. I truly enjoyed the GCs on my former two SS amps.