Devore Nines and Daedalus Athena comparison?

Has anyone had the opportunity to compare these 2 speakers. The Daedalus speakers look intriguing.
taylor514
Disclosure: I own Daedalus Ulysses speakers. I auditioned the Nines in my system but my dealer couldn't supply a pair of Silverbacks to compare with the Ulysses which made my decision easier.

I have heard and like both products. Your are in a good spot: you are choosing between two terrific speakers. I could be extremely happy with either. As previous posts suggest, this is more about personal taste and system matching than 'better' or 'worse'. Listening in your system will be critical to making the appropriate decision for you.
I would not say I detect any recessed treble. The speaker is pretty neutral across the frequency range. What you don't get, as Al aludes to, is the etched harsh treble I find with many high end speakers, particularly Focal. Not my cup of tea at all. If anything it might be a tad base light, reflecting it's high efficiency, but I don't find it so. The base is tight and detailed.

The DA-RMa does have the treble adjustment toggle at the back, with 1db increase reduction or neutral positions. I am afraid I can't hear much difference.

The aim with the speaker, the design aim, as I understand it, is to make the speaker sound like live music, for me it is pretty successful at that
RE: the tweeter. In shows and in short listens it may note be as flashy as most, but in my friend's system, powered by Shindo amps, the high end is truly wonderful for long term listening. It doesn't call attention to itself, but ALL the detail, natural air and harmonics are there with perfect balance. I'm a big fan of ribbon tweeters, and while the Athenas don't have the ooh-ahh effect on listeners that my RAALs have, I believe the Athena's highs are more true to life, totally balnced and integrated.
Regarding the 9s - one of the members of our circle owns the 9s, and having heard the Athenas, was as jaw-dropped as the rest of us. He hasn't sold his 9s just yet, but he's doing some serious thinking. Just my 2c.
David12 -- I take it you have or are replacing your AZ Adagios with Daedalus? I haven't heard the Adagios in a long while, but the treble on the AZ Crescendo strikes me as a different kind of thing entirely from the Athenas. (I like the Crescendo.) Volume has a lot to do with it, I think. If you tend to listen at comparatively low levels, as I do, then you may not be satisfied with treble that only comes alive at 90dB +
I think Jmbatkh put it pretty well. I've got the DA-1.1's with the AP crossovers and find the treble balance perfect in the middle (neutral) setting. There are speakers that I have heard that impart more energy in the high frequencies and have more sparkle but I've generally found them fatiguing over time and unnatural in their overall presentation. I think Lou's voicing of the speakers with the very capable Eton driver delivers long term satisfaction and a very realistic portrayal of acoustic instruments, which never sound etched, brittle or shrill. I also think the Daedalus speakers deliver plenty of detail and resolution, without lighting up the highs in an unnatural way. I can see how some people might react slightly "ho hum" to a quick show demo and be more seduced by other speakers that provide more "wow" on an initial listen. Daedalus, though, are speakers that you can spend the rest of your life enjoying--they never get old, cranky or bitchy. Everytime I sit down with them they treat me to joyous music.