ProAc Response 2: CJ CAV45, Cary SEI 300B, or Cary Rocket 88?

Looking at the amps listed in the title to pair with my newly acquired ProAc Response 2: CJ CAV45, Cary SEI 300B, or Cary Rocket 88

Looking for the best tone and most in-the-room presence possible. Also want tuneful/rhythmic bass vs depth/authority.

Any feedback from those who have heard any of these, especially with ProAc would be appreciated.

Thanks!

128x128leahy

I once owned Cary 300b signature mono block amps and Proac 2.5 speakers. Each component is wounder full, however you need to consider If the Cary SEI 300B is powerfull enough to drive your Proac response 2's to the volume levels you enjoy.  

Only one I have heard is the CAV 45.....it is a great sounding amp. Of those brands I like C-J the most....

Thanks for the replies so far. I currently have a schiit Freya+ and Red Wine Audio Sig 30.2. While this combination really sounds good, I'm comparing it to a setup I heard when the ProAcs were new - Cary monos 300B and Audible Illusions 3. Every track was magic - didn't break down by bass, mids, treble, etc. I was just totally engaged with the music, and I didn't need a lot of volume to get there.

I'm looking to get that same feeling back, but the CAV may get me there with some extra watts to spare!

More feedback is still welcome!

unless the room is pretty small or you like to listen quite softly, 300b is ruled out

cav 45 vs rocket88 a matter of taste, both are on the tubey, rich slow side, treble will be sweet, midrange will be luscious, but bass will be bloomy and little mushy

rocket 88 maybe a touch better in that regard, but cav45 may have better resolution in the treble and mids

Thanks 49 - room is 8X14, and I'm trying to find the best system for lower volume listening.