Coiling XLRs.... yes or no?

I purchased some xlr’s that i was fond of a few months back. Shunyata sigmas

I was able to get them for a great price but unfortunetly they are 3m. I figured it was fine as it gives me flexibility in the future (such as going monoblocks), but for now my lumin x1 sits on a rack directly above my diablo 300 amp. Honestly with how close they are i could get away with 0.5m

So i have them susupended in the air but coiled. I’m reading that this is a big no-no but most of the stuff i have read is related to speaker cables.

what should i do in this situation? Is it so bad that I should consider selling my interconnects for shorter ones?

questforhifi

Coiling any wire makes it an inductor.

You’ll never know if it makes a difference in your system’s presentation/ your enjoiyment, without listening with the cables in both configurations (coiled and not).

Impedance of wire = R + jX

R = resistance

X = Xc (capactive reactance) + Xl (inductive reatance)

Xc is typically negative and Xl positive

By coiling the wire/cable, you would be increasing inductance.  The overall impedance would increase as a result, making it harder for the current to flow through it. Technically, it should make a difference, but at these lengths, it would be hard to distinguish audible difference.