RCA interconnect recommendation

Would like recommendations for interconnects for both analog and digital side to an integrated Rogue Cronus amp from a Nottingham/EAR 834P on one side and an Antelope Zodiac DAC on the other side. What should I be looking at and what kind of budget should I set. I'm thinking up to $500  for a pair but have no idea. Thanks for all advice.

smaarch1

For the digital cable, try to get a true 75 ohm cable. Most are not, and frankly RCA plugs are not 75 ohm (its a stupid standard, get BNCs!, ok rant off)  It must be intended for digital or will distort the threshold crossings that determine timing.   fo he analog side, its....analog. So the same rules you apply to RIAA, preamp-power apply.

Yea, cables matter.  Unfortunately its often because engineering is ignored and not in a good way.

ghdprentice and miller carbon much appreciate your time and everyone else's who wrote their thoughts.
I think I'm a fair to good listener. It's a curious problem of "you don't know until you know" sort of thing. I hear immediate and subtle differences.
Where am I in this? Well I'm closing on a year in putting this system together and I could stop here. I'm pleased with it and I've learned an awful lot.
Yes I understand about making changes slowly in order to evaluate.
I'm very pleased with my TT, cart and phono stage. Hope to have them here for a long time. Maybe I'll try rolling some tubes in the EAR but I don't have a reason at the moment. Maybe a Boston acoustics carbon mat? this is likely.
If I had to guess the future, I could see a different amp arrangement in the future and also speakers but I'm not there yet.

Does anyone have experience with the cable company lending library? And is it worth a try?

Study what ghdprentice says above. There are many, many things that make a great deal of difference that don't cost a lot of money. Some of them do however cost a lot in terms of time and effort. To give just one example, things like springs might not seem worth doing. They totally are.

What happens is they force you to listen close and evaluate. You can do this with a cable, speaker or amp too. But with those it is very expensive to change. With springs it is easy, simply change or move the spring. Total cost: zero. Same with things like routing cables. Another novice tried that and was shocked to hear a real significant improvement, just from moving wires around.

Every time you try something like this you learn a little bit more. Not only about what does what, but in terms of how to describe and evaluate what you're hearing.

Then when you go to buy say an interconnect you're not all, "What can I spend for $500 to go between this and that" but instead are, "I'm looking for great depth and layering, not up front in your face detail, who makes a cable like that?"

See the difference?

One comment. Be sure you can return the cable if you don't find it makes any difference. Regardless of what you read here.