Who Tried Power Conditioners Over The Years and No Longer Use Them Today, Any Why?

Been thinking back to when I started in Audio and how good the system sounded with no power conditioners or fancy power cords. Then in the '90s slowly they both became a huge profit market for stores and manufacturers of them. If you used one on front end gear only or whole systems I will be interested in your real-world experience you could share with us all. I have a few so I am not against them, but I do at times have questions. 
128x128phillyb

Reading through all this suggests to me that we all have different power cleaning needs depending on what comes into the house and our HiFi equipment choices.

In my case with dedicated 20 amp line, all top end C-J tube equipment and dCS front end, an AQ N5000 made no difference vs. a 20 yr old Shunyata Hydra 8.  Then I tried a new Shunyata Denali 2 with good result.  Still using the great AQ Hurricane cables.  The C-J class A amp still goes directly to the wall however.  One nice change was to to isolate all the digital power supplies, Roon Core etc. into a separate Transparent power strip, still pluged into the 20 amp outlet.  Now all is quiet and dynamic..

Post removed 

The question to me now is the difference between having to condition your power after the wall outlet vs. the RF that your cables pick up after.

Yes, we all have different power and therefore power conditioning needs. Our neighborhood  has buried power cables, I have two direct lines... but alas a power conditioner makes a big difference.

Did anyone see Alvin’s latest Youtube video demoing the newest Denafrips

power conditioner? BIC500 model. $800 US as I recall.

Reason I mention it is that during the video

he uses a noise sensing tool to measure the improvement his machine makes.

This small handheld device looked like a $20 deal from Radio Shack.

It showed the noise level drop from 100 to 20. Now this could easily be staged

I know. But what was the device? I want one!