Looking for thoughts on Sonus Faber speakers

Looking for a smooth natural midrange and high end...particularly regarding the human voice.  I enjoy detail...but don't like an analytical sound.  I think most tweeters today are fatiguing.   I enjoy the overall presentation of Harbeths...but want more low end.  I have had one audition of the Sonetto V's and was impressed...but what else might I consider?  

Greg S.

gsieg

Thank you all for the advice.  Much appreciated. Any thoughts on how KEF

R7 and R11 will compare?   I will be auditioning them this weekend. I have a feeling 

I'll end up with Sonus Fabers. But I want to give them a listen. 

the kef r series will have a more overtly forward treble presentation, and a relatively 'sucked back' midrange than the upper s-f's -- not sure how bass will compare, that depends alot on setup and room interaction

Would agree with jjss49's assessment. Auditioned (among others) the R7's and liked them but chose the Sonetto III's due largely to my preference for the SF's perceived less forward treble. I run them with a pair of subs and love them. Next upgrade will likely stay in the SF family. Good luck!

I think the KEF / SF comparison is important. A bit of forward treble comes off as more detailed... but it has a cost on realism. Real music (acoustic) has all the detail as presented by SF, but not the bit of extra forwardness. It is the naturalness of the SF that allows you to fall into the music instead of being held at a distance.

I think the pairing is very key, I tried the Sonetto at home and didn't work well with my amp