Feedback wanted from Jolida JD100A owners

I've been doing a lot of research on this player and a few others like the Arcam 73T.

How do you guys like this cd player and what other cd players did you audition? I don't want my highs extended as they are pretty good and borderline excessive. I do like bass though.

Thanks in advance.
dazman
If you go for the Jolida, the tubes make readily audible differences, as others have said. My "level 1" modded unit improved a lot with cyro'd tubes from ATSI (a very helpful provider). See other threads for discussion.

--jmd

People have been recommending other CDPs but they are seem to be considerably more expensive.
Offer only valid for Dazman. Batteries not included. One per customer. Some assembly required. Absolutely no refunds :P

Besides, I sold the Jolida a few years back. I heard the AN CD2 is much improved by completely covering it with Shatki Stones!
Well I'm using a Luxman DZ-03 CDP,which is about 16 years old now. My sony CDP is around 7 years old but the Luxman actually sounds better.

The Jolida would make the world of difference, I would think.
The consensus is right. It has the best midrange under $1,000. The highs are smooth (read: rolled off) - what you are looking for.

The bass is very textured, but not extended. Might be an issue for you.

Overall very addictive and warm. It is the anti-solid state. And probaly up with the best sub $1K players you can get - depending on preference.

The JPS power cord makes a huge difference along with NOS tubes.

Oh, and modding this player will kill the lush midrange. So, don't do it.