No Insurance with FEDEX as of 11/01

Just a heads up if it’s not known already, as of November 1st 2021 FedEx does not offer insurance on shipments. I was sending out a piece of gear today and was told that I would have to obtain 3rd party insurance if I wanted my shipment covered for lost/damage. 
Does anyone have recommendations on who to insure gear with?? 
128x128jl1ny

One thing to consider is that UPS employees are paid a livable wage with a retirement  and medical benefits package. Fedex on the other hand does not compensate their employees nearly the same.

As long as it's insured,  I'd personally support the growth of middle class workers than the proceeds and revenue that fedex receives going to where?

carlsbad it is important to get the facts before you open your mouth or you may look like a-well you know. Here are facts. We ship an average of 10 packages a week, taking into consideration only the last 30 years (and we have been doing it longer than that) and having filed 29 damage claims that comes out to a damage percentage of less than 0.2% How many pieces a year do you ship? How many pieces over 70lbs? What is your damage percentage?

I suggest that caution be exercised and care taken to insure that commitments being made by Fedex and paid for by the shipper will likely hold up in small claims court. Recently, I had abad experience with Fedex. I shipped a pair of stand mounted speakers by Monitor Audio as well as the Monitor Audio stands in late April. Because I didn't have the original boxes, Fedex associate packed them in their boxes. I valued the shipment at $1600. When they arrived the buyer emailed me to express his disappointment and included 14 pics of the damaged stands and speakers. I immediately filed a claim with Fedex that was denied by the manager after the Fedex investigator assigned to the case recommended that I be paid for the damages. I file a small claim law suit in Forysth county Georgia. Two weeks after the claim was file I received an email from one of their attorneys with an offer. I settled with Fedex paying for the speakers, cost of shipment which was $357.00 and the court filing fee. When I declared a value for the speakers I thought insurance was being included in the shipment cost only to find out afterward that it wasn't. Know what you are insuring with Fedex and be certain it covers lost/damage.

Rega P8 table shipped FedEx(communicated) from Portland, Oregon up I-5 just 165 miles to Seattle business. 7 FRIGGIN' DAYS!!!!!!! Nobody at FedEx could even find it as it sat in Auburn, WA for 5 days. Full stenosis. The worst. Package was thankfully unharmed. That stereo store has now abandoned all business with FedEx. Hope FedEx stock falls out of bed. I sent a package from Boise, ID to Seattle and 6 days later it ended up on MY doorstep. Well, that's pretty good time. In the medical field we refer to this as "suffering from full cranial rectal inversion". Hey, FedEx, return to your roots of service instead of delaying, losing and/or damaging things that do not belong to you. Troglodytes!!

jl1ny - Thanks for the false alarm! Both FedEx and UPS have package items for me and done an excellent job. I prefer FedEx for my stuff, been using both for 20 years.