Zu introduces Soul 6

https://www.zuaudio.com/loudspeakers/soul-21

Major changes:
1. $5999 starting price
2. Okoume standard finish instead of hickory
3. Bigger cabinet - up from 31.5" to 36"
4. 120 days to audition in home!

Zu claims Druid 6-type performance, deeper bass than mk.II, more amp friendly, horn-like impulse response.
I am intrigued.  Soul Supreme is a nice value at $4500 so Zu must really feel this a step up in performance to price it above that.  

whoopycat

Really curious if anyone else has Soul 6 first impressions out there. Or @mozartfan @213cobra would love to read more of your thoughts on these. I have owned a pair of Zu DW's and a pair of Soul II's. Sold both a while ago when downgrading and have been living with a pair of Fritz Carreras running through a Leben 300xs. Very happy with that combo, but sometimes miss the vividness of my Soul's. 

I'm giving my pair of Soul 6 another week or 10 days to further settle in, then I will post complete comments, including some comparative notes relative to Soul Supreme, Druid 5, Druid 6 and Definition 4.

Phil

@ Avgon

well considering Zu offers a  very generous return policay, no restock feees only your FEDEX ship cost,,I'd say try them out.

For instance say you boughta  pair of Wilson;;s, return costs are staggering. 

+ lets say 1 goes back damaged due to excessive weight, thats another $500 off, so $400 ship + $500 for 1 nick on putside cabinet,,makies a  Wilson return simply impractical. 

Lets us all know how the Zu's sound

I know we try to be better site neighbor but why in the world this guy drag one speaker company down to promote another say never hear? On top of that talk about imaginary cabinet damage from speaker he talk bad about. I no post on this thread anymore Zu guys good people hope sell many speaker and prosper. 

1) Because we all know Wilsons are 100+ lbs speakers,, even shipping FEDEX may have damagne or nick.. Just saying. 

Insured? WEll Wilson wil say **look we are going to refund minus $500 fora  nick due to FEDEX ship,,YOu will have to file a  insurance with FEDEX...***

Just saying mght not, just might get damaged,, whereas U's are smaller and lighter = less risk of ship damage.

+ return Wilson $150++ each speaker vs Zu's less than $200 return ship,,, I'd go Zu, try them out, don;t like them , easy return policy.

Thats all I am saying. 

When you buya  Wilson, you are stuck with em. Zu's , easy return, only out $200 return fees.

Thats all I am trying to say...

I just bought another davidLouis pair from  HK, obviously if I don't like them I can't return. 

But I know fora  fact I will like them and will have a  DUAL FR speaker system.

Paid $379 for the DLVX6 pair, inclds ship and Louisiana Tax of $50,,arghhhhh