Who Tried Power Conditioners Over The Years and No Longer Use Them Today, Any Why?

Been thinking back to when I started in Audio and how good the system sounded with no power conditioners or fancy power cords. Then in the '90s slowly they both became a huge profit market for stores and manufacturers of them. If you used one on front end gear only or whole systems I will be interested in your real-world experience you could share with us all. I have a few so I am not against them, but I do at times have questions. 
128x128phillyb
I'll give mine up when power company provides one for my house. I doubt they much care about quality of power delivered to my house. I suffered with 123-126 constant voltage delivery for years, finally had to build bucking transformer so my audio equipment's transformers wouldn't hum me out of listening room. And possible damage to insulation on those transformer windings, you think they care. 

And then we have all these modern electronic gadgets in our homes and neighbor's homes with noisy switching power supplies. I have all the dedicated lines, high end ac outlets and power cords. These don't clean even your own home generated ac. Try using a hair dryer or dimmer switch on incandescent lights in your home while system is idling, even with the dedicated lines I can hear this crap.
Keeping up on the audio literature I realize that some people have power that does not need conditioning. I have never been one of those. I now have two direct lines for my system, one for my amp and one for my power conditioner which powers the rest of my equipment. Each of these has made a significant improvement in sound. So I occasionally try my system without a power conditioner (when I make a change). Last time was a few months ago… I put in a Cardas power strip and took out my Cinepro Power conditioner (75 lbs… although 20 years old,was very highly rated). That test lasted less than a minute. The sound became flatter with a much higher noise floor. Over the years the SQ for me has always been wat better with power conditioning.

High power cords make a huge difference. That is the reason there is such a huge aftermarket. If you want a really great sounding system, well chosen high end power cords are required… just like interconnects and cables.
I believe every home is different power wise and I honestly don't think I would benefit from power conditioning. My house of stereo is on a completely separate power feed from the main house and I experience zero hum, no background noise or interference of any kind. My system in there has always had the blackest background no matter what I ran. And even with stock power cables. I replaced them all with Patrick Cullen Gold series cables just to see if there would be any improvement and there was none. Now cable connects, that's a different story. Upgrading my RCA cables had a profound impact, specially on my digital gear. I do live in a small remote community with all underground utilities and that may be benefitting the quality of my power vs folks who live in big cities, specially in apartments. Plus building the house of stereo from scratch with a very capable electrician obviously paid off. BUT it turned out more expensive than a top of the line power conditioner 
🙂
If you are connected to the grid in anyway you need a pure sine wave AC conditioner.

Even if you you are off grid, it's highly likely you still need one.
I've been using power conditioners since my 1st Adcom ACE515 Enhancer in the early 90's and today using a Furman Elite 15PF with Monster AVS2000 stabilizer. I will never get rid of my conditioners, to important in my system and also in my opinion.