Preamp Opinion

A couple of weeks ago, I asked for advice on my amp and preamp. Although I am sure that it could be improved, I have come to the conclusion that the Parasound A23 is the least of my problems. I also have a Parasound New Classic 2100 preamp, a Marantz 8600 CD player/streamer (which I also think doesn't need to be replaced), and Focal Aria 926 speakers. I did listen to advice I was given and am expecting a vintage McIntosh SL-1 sub to my system.

I am looking at a few used preamps and wanted to get your opinions on them since the only one I have heard is the Adcom GFP-750 and that was years ago. My memory is that it had a very good sound to it. The other preamps I am considering are the Rotel RC-1572, Rogue RP-1, Coplant CTA 301 MKII, Bryston BP6, and Vincent SA-T7. Unfortunately, I have not heard any of them and don't have a location where I can. I tend to prefer a sound that is not too bright but provides a good clear soundstage and imaging. I have always owned solid state before and am a little leery of tube maintenance.

Thank you for your advice or observations about any of these preamps.
bcool57
Markusthenaimnut , is it my forever preamp on my second system yes.Originally my plan is to buy Backert preamp, possible would be my forever preamp but it has no balance.Its also pricey.The Freya plus is always being compared to more expensive preamp, so it got my attention and ordered one? I will return it anyway if it’s not good, with JJ tubes 6sn7 it’s a keeper, with my pavane tubes upgrade I forgot the Backert.
@jayctoy @ditusa @wolfe_garcia @georgehifi and others who have commented so positively on the Schitt gear. Good to hear such high praise of the Freya. Quick question - is it your "forever" preamp? Or are you of a mind to eventually replace it with something else?

Not me, as I go direct, no preamp even better.
And if my source had no volume control, then the passive stage of the Freya, and the if I need to use >5mt of interconnect or with an amp that only had 10kohm or less input impedance, the solid state of the Freya then the tube
Cheers George
I had a Freya and thought it offered a ton of features for the price but I never liked the sound even after rolling tubes.  I also found it noisy.

I had a Decware CSP3 and while it was very simple I really liked the sound, but it was also a bit noisy.  It does have gain control of the input and of the output tubes and that allowed for dramatic changing of the character of the tube sound.  It is single ended and I like the silence of balanced output.  Its a great Pre to start with and many never move on.

I moved on to an Allnic L-4000 and really loved it until I had an opportunity to swap a DAC for an Allnic L-7000 and I pinch myself every day for how I cant believe how good it sounds.
I had a Freya and thought it offered a ton of features for the price but I never liked the sound even after rolling tubes. I also found it noisy.

I had a Decware CSP3 but it was also a bit noisy.

Freya is dead quite in any mode ("SNR: >120db, A-weighted, referenced to 2V RMS"), it’s the environment you had them both in

(@ wolf_garcia care to comment on noise of the Freya??)

Cheers George