What were the radio stations of your youth that helped you on your music/audio journey?

I am older so my radio stations of influence were in their prime during the British invasion and many, many American singers and groups.  
The stations I listen to the most were WLS out of Chicago, KIOA out of Des Moines, KAAY out of Little Rock, Arkansas and KOMA  out of Oklahama.  When I was in the Air Froce I had a few stations near the main base I was stationed at outside of Rapid City, S.D.  
Of course systems and better and better systems and FM became the dominate source for broadcast/online music.  I did learn much of what I liked and eventually purchased through early radio listening.
I still listen to radio mainly for Jazz stations and NPR news. 

jusam
Before FM radio up here in Alberta, it was 630ched AM radio, then K97 FM, then 103 The Bear FM.  I lived in Eastern Canada for a few years it was Q107 FM out of Toronto. When I was able to screw the svr6 cable tv line into my AKAI stereo tuner in the 80's I use to get US stations from Washington and Montana etc, which was a bonus, my first taste of "commercial free" music. 
Art Roberts on WLS and his 3 Most Requested Songs in Chicago was every night listening for me. Heard my first Beatles music there. Sleeping out on the porch all summer with my AM radio trying to get Art or Tommy Shannon from Buffalo, WOWO in Ft Wayne, or Wonderful WYNO. It wasn't long after that I scrapped together enough paper route money to buy a Sony R/R and recorded all of my favorites from a mic taped to that same radio.
jfd11
I lived in Iowa City and was able to pick up WLS.  I had a table radio for when I was awake and a small transister radio that I listened to in bed.  Really looked forward to the top 3 phone requests and actually called in when my parents would let me. 
I may mispell their names but there was Art Roberts, Larry Lujack, Dick Biondi, and others I am forgeting.  I also listened to KIOA in Des Moines and KAAY in Little Rock, but loved WLS the best. 

In living in Iowa City and Madison, Wi. I traveled to many places for business including Chicago, NYC, Copenhagen and many others but Chicago had my heart.  It didn't hurt that a friend had a furnished, unused condo in Lake Point Tower near the top that he let me use.  Because of it being the prime of my earning career, I/we ate at the best of Chicago at the time and attended music and theater shows.  I believe that my young attachment to WLS was the beginning of my love of Chicago.  I was also attached to the famous/best Greek restaurants.....oh, the good old days. 

I suppose that my Mother's love for the Cubs had influence on me.  I have no idea how the Cubs became her tems, but she did not watch any other MLB games, just the Cubs.  Like most Cub fans, she loved them win or lose. 

Bartok Radio, Hungary. The most educational classical music station I ever ran across with fantastic sound quality and content. I grew up on it. Thumbs up for the Huns! ;
Now it's available as internet radio as well... sound quality not the same, but you can get the content and maybe pick up some Hungarian along the way;
KUNM in Albuquerque—my cousin Paul was the station manager in the mid to late 70s, and he had really eclectic tastes.