Innuos Zenith Mk3 or something else?

Hello There,

Hoping to tap into the collective insight of this group. I am planning to buy a music server+streamer combo and am thinking of the Innuous Zenith Mk3. And have some questions before i pull the trigger:

1. Any rumors/insights of a new version of the Zenith Mk3 launching soon? (hate to buy into this and have a new version pop up in short order. I think the Mk3 has been around for over 2 years now and so I thought i would check in with this group)

2. Any other music server/streamer combo I should consider at this price point? (the Zenith Mk3 retail is ~$4700)

My budget is to keep it under $5K. Thank you!

longinc
Having owned the Evo Aeon it has a notable lower noise floor then the Innuos Zenith MK 3 with side by side comparison using selected ripped CDs . The dac the dealer had in the listening room was a MSB select . The Evo Aeon was notably better with human timbre then the Zenith , vocals were a stand out.
I wasn’t expecting to spend the extra on the Evo Aeon then compared the model below the Aeon to the Zenith Mk3 about the same retail price.
Today with the new firmware updates to the Innuos product line including adding the Phoenix reclocker with the Zenith I can only guess where this would place vs the Aeon.
I can say with first hand experience the Aeon is an exceptional sounding server .
I’ve had the pleasure of comparing both once again since the move to 2.0/Sense app and, putting aside that I would have agreed with you re: noise floor but disagreed re: timbre which is really DAC dependent, the drop in the noise floor with 2 has been widely commented upon. It is now significantly better than the Evo and pulling away with each new update. I get better results with a £30 wiriest grudge with the Innuos than with a £400 Chord ethernet cable on the Evo.
That’s before you even start discussing apps, where the Innuos is now effectively one of the market leaders if not the market leader.
Mahughes I assume you replied to me ,,..,..Timbre ? where did I mention timbre ? and what do you find significantly better with each passing new update over the Evo Aeon ? you forgot to mention that ,.
I no longer have the 432 Evo Aeon i prefer a Innuos Statement however the Evo Aeon is definitely a very good server that doesn’t need a separate $3200.00 add on USB reclocker for a lift in performance….