Klipsch Heresy IV vs Omega CAM

Hi all,

I have a Luxman SQ-N150 amp and I’m debating between the Klipsch Heresy IV and the Omega CAM. Obviously different prices, sizes and design philosophies but I’m wondering which would suit my needs better. I listen to all genres from hip hop to jazz to classical to indie and classic rock. Also, I live in an apartment so I tend to listen at low volumes. Do both speakers satisfy at low listening volumes? Will the Klipsch be a bother to neighbors? I know they still have quite a bit of low end roll off. Further info: Listening distance is around 7-8’ feet and they’ll have to be against a wall with about 7-8’ between the speakers. Any other thoughts on soundstage/clarity/vibe between the two?

Any help is appreciated.
philoh
I’d speculate that you would prefer the Omegas. There is a good reason why Klipsch’ marketing slogan was “pissing off the neighbors since 1946”. They go to 11.
Since you need to put them up against a wall, if you go with CAMs, you will want to plug the rear ports (I use socks). Otherwise, the close proximity to the wall can cause an unwanted chuffing or boomy bass effect. The downside is that the plugged ports will attenuate low frequencies. An alternative is to go with front ported speakers.
I have seen custom front-ported Omegas, so you might call Louis at Omega for advice. If you’re open to other brands, Focal’s Chora 806 and Aria 906 are front ported, reasonably priced (the 806 anyway), and reasonably efficient.
Although I’m a klipsch fanatic, I would say to pass on the Heresy in your situation. 7 ft is pretty close and horns need a little distance between you and them. That said, I would also look for something without a rear port, so I’d pass on the Omegas too. Since your room is small and you are almost near field, maybe even a sealed box. Bass will be less and tighter but less likely to annoy the neighbors.
I would go CAM or alnico in the 3xrs cabinet w front port. Certainly call Louis at Omega.