Subwoofers going into standby with low volume listening (New Integrated Amplifier).

Hello,

Just got a new Integrated amplifier (Technics SU-R1000) and have dual stereo subwoofers connected via the amplifiers preout R/L RCA connections (RCA Y-splitter at each Line In R/L connection) on my KEF 12b sub's.

While listening at low volume my subwoofers keep going into standby mode and turn off. The subwoofers also don't sound very lively at all. I have the crossover and volume at "Max" just to try to hear them and they don't sound loud or overly bass heavy at all, which at max volume would've sounded very over the top with my previous integrated amplifier. I've adjusted the crossover and volume numerous times and the subwoofers are just extremely soft and quiet. I've also adjusted the volume control on my Innuous sense (volume down) and upped the volume on the i-amplifier with no effect at low volume listening.

Wondering what could be causing this, and how to potentially fix it? Would the amps volume attenuator have anything to do with it? Also before I was running my sub's of my power amp loop outputs, which I'm not using now. Then again the technics is rated at 150w@8ohm/300w@4ohm where my power amp was 200w@8ohm/350w@4ohm, so I figured I wouldn't need the power amps yet.

Speakers are JBL L100 Classic 75th Anniversary. And cables are RCA SVS subwoofer cables with a y-splitter off each R/L RCA cable to then you nnect in to both line level R/L ports on my subwoofers.

But dually concerning is that even when I crank up the volume on the subwoofer, they sound extremely tame and subdued.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
128x128ja_kub_sz
The phase control will add perceived volume at your listening position due to the subs working together and with your room/ mains better, but that has nothing to do with the signal levels the amplifiers inside them are seeing.  The line levels from your integrated to the subs are too low, like what millercarbon stated.  That signal needs to be increased to the subwoofers.
Yeah, gonna try my power amps and a different wiring set up over the next week.

Thanks for the advice everyone!
Just spoke to Kef customer support, they think its just low power signal in stereo configuration, but strange thing is they made reference to the Kef KC92 subwoofer and how it has line outs to daisy chain another subwoofer.

So I looked at the KC92 manual and it recommends LFE connections from the amplifier pre outs when attempting stereo connections of two subwoofers.

So...
RCA from R pre out to right sub LFE in
RCA from L pretty put to left sub LFE in

Gonna give that a try and see what happens.