Manley Chinook Owners Tube Rolling

Just bought a Chinook M2 SE  From Upscale Has anyone tried other tubes besides the 6922 Tungstran i think that Kevin picked out. Would it even make a difference?
Thanks, Mike
fruitloopsr
forgot to add the other thing that makes a huge improvement is replacing the metal film load resistors with Vishay VSR metal foil types. You will measurably drop the noise floor by at least 6db. 
@rbtstock , if you contact me off line, can send you plenty of pics.

best
One other thing. I've done a bunch of rolling in my Chinook.  The stock Electro Harmonix 6922s are very good. The amp was voiced with them per EveAnna 's tech Chris.   

Even though I roll tubes like crazy, I do admit that EH 6922s are a quiet tube.  They really don't get enough credit.  

I'm ready to roll after I understand how the machine sounds stock.  I try to keep an open mind because I never really know what I will like.  I've used inexpensive reissue tubes to great effect, and have found pricey NOS not that great (even when tested and from a great seller).  It always depends.  

If funds are not an option, I'd buy 2 6922s of 3 different makes so you can experiment. 
Have had my Chinook for 4 months and have no intention to roll tubes within this unit until a tube fails. Kevin is a vacuum tube guy, he knows his tubes, knows how to maximize the performance of the unit.
Cheers.
Kiseki>Clearaudio>Manley>VTL>VTL>Vandersteen
@noromance, any hardware (not tubes) improvements on the Steelhead? 
Thank you
The Steelhead, and possibly the Chinook, uses a 30 µF metallized film capacitor for output coupling between the phono section and the line section. Then there is a second 30 µF metallized film capacitor between the line stage section and the output. The single most revealing improvement you could make in the circuit is to replace both of those capacitors with better quality and lower value film capacitors. The question then becomes what is the minimum value of capacitance that would be sufficient. So far as I can tell the motorized volume control on the steelhead has a 5000 ohm input impedance. That is very low as volume controls go. Therefore you do need a fairly high amount of capacitance between the phono stage and the volume control. I chose to use 10 µF value, because that will still give you a very extended low bass response. For the output from the line stage to the amplifier, you can use any value that will give you an appropriate bass cut off in conjunction with the input impedance of the amplifier you are driving. So for example if your tube amplifier has an input impedance of 100K ohms, you could use a 1 µF capacitor. For amplifiers with a lower input impedance, you would want to increase the value of the coupling capacitor accordingly. That will give you a bass cut off at 2Hz. In addition to those capacitor changes, you could remove each of two 47 ohm resistors that are in series with the output of the line stage and the phono stage, respectively. Unless you are using very very high capacitance interconnects between your preamplifier and your amplifier, these changes will have absolutely no deleterious effect on performance.To the contrary the improvement in sound quality is very significant, far more significant and lasting than tube rolling can achieve. In my opinion, of course.