Integrated amp to go with Magnepan 3.7i

I currently have an NAD C388 powering my 3.7i's.  Originally I heard the 3.7i's paired with Parasound monoblocs and really liked them but wasn't prepared to spend that much.  A few years later I saw them with the NAD and thought the set-up offered 90% of the life like open sound I remembered.  

Like many people I really liked it but a few years out my setup feels underwhelming and almost distorted or harsh at higher volume.  So I'm looking at upgrading the amp.  I only stream Tidal through a Node 2i, mostly rock and alternative.  I just want the music to sound as real as possible - instruments and vocals.

I really like the ease of integrated vs separates.  Reading numerous threads, Pass amps seem to be ideal with Magnepan like the INT250, but to get a good DAC and less heat was thinking of others.  Seeing used listings, the Hegel H390 and NAD M33 stood out as ideal for me.

The NAD and Hegel are cheaper and easy but wondering if I would miss out on much better sound with the Pass.  
molarmasher
I have a Pass 250.8 with an XP 10 pre which I think is the same powering my Maggie 3.7i and the sound is truly amazing I purchased it used or you could try Reno who often have demo's at substantial savings You can't go wrong with Pass and Maggie's and you'll never need to upgrade again.

Musical Fidelity M6si. They have the power to drive Maggies and are aa sweet match. 
Does anyone think the NAD or Hegel are a reasonable option or best to go with something at the level of the Pass?

There aren't any stores with any of the amps that I can find so very difficult to actually listen to them.  I'm in the Atlanta area, think there would be someone.
With Pass, do you need a separate DAC?
Between the amp, preamp, DAC.. looks like close to $15k.