What is the best amplifier for Tannoy Kensington ?

Hey guys,

Im starting of fresh, Ive just purchased a pair of Tannoy Kensington and love the addicted to the sound that they produce, just wondering if any one owns a pair and could recommend me the best match up amps for these babies, thanks!
mondomocho
How is Apollo compare to krell FPb600?
I am interested to buy Apollo, but don't have a chance to audition.
Still will keep my krell for HT.
Chris
Looking at Kengsintons as well. Wondering how they will match up with my Pass XA60.5's (60 watts in to 8 ohms class A)
I'm a little surprised that a dealer would recommend a 300B (7 wpc?) with the Kensingtons by referring to Jeff Day's review. Jeff has the Westminsters which I believe are at least 6 dB higher efficiency than the Kensingtons (99 dB vs 93 dB?).

I don't own Tannoys but I'm interested in them and have auditioned everything from the Kensingtons up to the new Royals (the latter for fun, they are way beyond my budget). I suspect that smaller amps can still sound very pleasing - if played at moderate levels in smaller rooms. But if owners listen to symphonies, big band jazz, or rock, more power would be a benefit.
We have a few customers that have the larger Tannoys. They seem to prefer our M-60 amplifiers, which have a greater amount of power (really handly on the big Tannoys as their efficiency is in the high 90s, which makes them unsuitable for lower power SETs unless you are in a small room).

The big Tannoys in general do seem well-suited for tubes. For most of them, 60 watts is a good power for the amplifier because in most situations it will be impossible to clip the amp.
Ralph, since I never heard your M-60s with any Tannoys I shouldn't recommend them. But based on Gizmo's experiences and writings, I'll guess they would be a wonderful match.

Also, I believe the Atma-Sphere amps are among the most musical and satisfying of all our choices - when matched with appropriate speakers. I once owned a pair of MA-1s which were wonderfully musical within volume and musical complexity limitations. Unfortunately my speakers at that time presented impedance and power demands that prevented the best match. I don't imagine any of the Tannoys would have those problems.