What is the best amplifier for Tannoy Kensington ?

Hey guys,

Im starting of fresh, Ive just purchased a pair of Tannoy Kensington and love the addicted to the sound that they produce, just wondering if any one owns a pair and could recommend me the best match up amps for these babies, thanks!
mondomocho
I'm a little surprised that a dealer would recommend a 300B (7 wpc?) with the Kensingtons by referring to Jeff Day's review. Jeff has the Westminsters which I believe are at least 6 dB higher efficiency than the Kensingtons (99 dB vs 93 dB?).

I don't own Tannoys but I'm interested in them and have auditioned everything from the Kensingtons up to the new Royals (the latter for fun, they are way beyond my budget). I suspect that smaller amps can still sound very pleasing - if played at moderate levels in smaller rooms. But if owners listen to symphonies, big band jazz, or rock, more power would be a benefit.
We have a few customers that have the larger Tannoys. They seem to prefer our M-60 amplifiers, which have a greater amount of power (really handly on the big Tannoys as their efficiency is in the high 90s, which makes them unsuitable for lower power SETs unless you are in a small room).

The big Tannoys in general do seem well-suited for tubes. For most of them, 60 watts is a good power for the amplifier because in most situations it will be impossible to clip the amp.
Ralph, since I never heard your M-60s with any Tannoys I shouldn't recommend them. But based on Gizmo's experiences and writings, I'll guess they would be a wonderful match.

Also, I believe the Atma-Sphere amps are among the most musical and satisfying of all our choices - when matched with appropriate speakers. I once owned a pair of MA-1s which were wonderfully musical within volume and musical complexity limitations. Unfortunately my speakers at that time presented impedance and power demands that prevented the best match. I don't imagine any of the Tannoys would have those problems.
Gwng8: Take your amps to the dealer if you can. I would say they would work ok, but you have to make sure...you might wanna bi-amp...your Pass Labs for the mid-highs, and something like a Bryston or Parasound for the bass.
Ignore the last comment, Tannoys are time aligned thorugh the crossover point, this is why they are so coherent. To biamp with different amplifiers with different transfer functions will destroy what these speakers are about.
I own several pars of Tannoys - your Pass Labs will have enough power.