My new ZU Omen Def's arrived

In Sangria red. I hooked these up to my Elite receiver and using 10 year old Monster (don't laugh) 10 AWG cables. I'm amazed how well these things sound out of the box. They image like crazy. Very smooth and very revealing. I'm still experimenting with placement since I do not have a natural listening sweetspot. The bass is outstanding and very clear. Low listening levels sound fantastic. Actually, the Pioneer Elite receiver sounds very good (to my ears). Since business is great this year, lots of money going into a future house and a little fun money will be saving up for a Decware Zen Torii. I hear the Decware's and Zu's are a good combination.
aberyclark
My Def3's sound best slightly tilted from front to back about 1/2". Amazing what slight differences in placement can do.
The height of the speakers off the floor will greatly affect the bass. If the distance is too large, you will lose quite of bit of bass depth. I had to play around with this for a while to get things dialed in correctly, and in my room, it seems about 3/8" worked best for me. I have them tipped slightly up -- that really solidifies the imaging. Morganc is right on (I actually bought his upgraded Omen Defs) -- they sound very good placed just about anywhere, but they can sound fantastic when you find the right placement.
Get this to tell you how stupid I was. I hooked up the Def's to same existing cables. I ran a couple of test tones for placement purposes. I noticed the phasing test one sounded stereo. Come to find out, one of the speakers was wired backwards on back of my receiver. What happened is that a long while back (over a year), wife pulled shelf out to clean and yanked out the right cable. She hooked them back up (of course backwards). Never said anything until I just asked. Everything normal now. And they sounded great backwards, Now they are hooked corrected, I cannot tell much difference with music, only test tone where phase is correct. Always double check things