Townshend Springs under Speakers

I was very interested, especially with all the talk.   I brought the subject up on the Vandersteen forum site, and Richard Vandersteen himself weighed in.   As with everything, nothing is perfect in all circumstances.  If the floor is wobbly, springs can work, if the speaker is on solid ground, 3 spikes is preferred.
128x128stringreen
They are surely going to bring some noticeable gains when installed to speakers which are previously coupled to the floor with spikes of all sorts, and the difference can be quite dramatic. After trying the Isoacoustics Gaia on my speakers,, I can now understand the enthusiasm on the benefits of proper speaker isolation.

Good luck in whatever you choose for your Kef Blades.
Podiums are a serious improvement regardless of what was used before. They are much better than ordinary springs like Nobsound. Several here have upgraded to them from Gaia and feel they are well worth the extra. So it is not just the isolation, but the vibration control aspect of springs that control resonance with tuned damping.     

questforhifi, You might want to read your own post again.
"I managed to pick up the Townshend seismic platform for my KEF Blades for less than what the Gaia i’s would have cost. Now given the amount of effort KEF has already gone to in making the cabinet inert (you really can leave a £1 coin on the top for weeks whilst it plays Prodigy at insane levels), I wasn’t expecting much of a change.

It was simply profound - as significant (maybe more?) than changing my whole digital front end + source + its PSUs.
and
Previously had Soundcare Superspikes - which were definately an improvement over the stock KEF spikes." 
So your "reliable user" started with KEF spikes, found Soundcare spikes were definitely an improvement, and then was shocked to hear "profound improvement" with Townshend Podiums.  

Sounds to me like the least rigid came out best, and by a lot.  

More rigid is definitely not better.
Sounds to me like the least rigid came out best, and by a lot.  
MC I think questforhifi was suggesting that speakers with more rigid cabinets may benefit more from the podiums (i.e. not that rigid connection to the floor is better).

I owned for a while the Gaia 1’s and I was impressed compared to the spikes that came with my Focal Sopra’s. Focal actually uses the Gaia’s at audio shows with there speakers.

But because of mc review I went ahead and ordered a pair of the Townshend Podiums. And wow! What an improvement! Everything we want out of our speakers improved. That is; bass, spaciousness, mids, highs depth, etc.
I now use the Gaia's under my JL subs.

ozzy