How far can room treatments solve boomy bass?

My current room is too small for my Snell Es. I will get a bigger room in the future. In the meantime, haw far can tube traps and wall traps go to eliminate my boomy bass problem?

Thanks,
Jim
river251
Thanks everyone, I'm just reading and trying to learn. When I can afford my next step, it will be getting the equipment to analyze my room.

But Ivan, I am using a Creek CD43 MkII right now, with an optical (toss link?) out so I think I can accommodate the Ric's stuff, which would be my second next step. Can you provide contact info? I should talk with him. I'm really glad that through both analytics and room treatments there is some hope.

Martykl, where in the source-speaker chain does the PARC go, and how will it affect sound quality?

Thank you all so much, this takes things to the next level. Quality sound is worth the effort...

Jim
Jim, i did not notice Martykl uses a PARC, but i do.
PARC is between pre and power, or if you'd use a cdp with volume, between cdp and power.
You can bypass it if needed and it is both rca or fully balanced (xlr).
It works the range 16-350Hz and 1-3 modes per channel individually set (left/right).

Affect sound quality, it does not affect in terms of resolution. Maybe if you use über expensive gear. I can't answer that. If you look at mys system under Nearfield you'll see what i use.
Jim,

I've never used a PARC.

My DRC set-up has evolved from using an NHT X-2 active x-over between my ARC LS-25 and VT130SE. The NHT fed a Velodyne SMS-1 subwoofer management system, which fed a pair of powered subs (originally Velos, then Rythmiks). This arrangement EQ'd only the signal headed for the subs and put only the NHT in the main path. It worked very well, but was kind of kludgy - 4 boxes to power up, etc.

I also maintained a parallel system in the same room with Joule and Cary or Prima Luna electronics that allowed for a non-EQ alternative, that I used mainly for vinyl.

Separately, I had also been using Audyssey in my HT room for years. When Stereophile did a very enthusiastic review of Audyssey XT32, I picked up an Onkyo pre-pro that contained this system. I figured that I'd try it out in my main 2 channel room and - if I didn't like it - I'd just use the Onkyo to replace my older pre-pro in the HT room.

Bottom Line: The ARC and Joule came out, the Onkyo went in and has never left. All sources - including vinyl - get the full XT32 treatment. I understand that this requires me to turn in my audiophile merit badge, but I simply prefer the sound this way.

Marty
Ric can be contacted at his website EVS audio (Electronic Visionary Systems) and his location is in California. From there you can email or just phone him as I do. You'll find Ric very easy to talk to about anything. Just make sure with him (or me) that your Creek and the DEQ are compatible for whatever you have in mind...OBTW, your next step will likely reveal that Toslink, compared to SPDIF, is grossly inferior soundwise. Coax, if you can swing it (the DEQ can), will be a big step up!

Update: just looked up the Creek on their website - it does indeed have a coax digital out (or at least the original CD43 did, I'm assuming the MkII does too). Should be an excellent transport for anything like the DEQ, which itself will give you 96k upsampling which will, compared to your non-sampling CDP, will greatly smooth out the highs - decidedly less rough or ragged sounding, for sure...by extension, that will likely help a bit with imaging too.