How far can room treatments solve boomy bass?

My current room is too small for my Snell Es. I will get a bigger room in the future. In the meantime, haw far can tube traps and wall traps go to eliminate my boomy bass problem?

Thanks,
Jim
river251
Any cable that corrects room response issues is seriously broken. Why do people fall for this crap?
The cable makers have to make such claims in order to justify the high prices asked for their products. But this is off topic.
Man I tell you boomy bass used to be thought of as a problem solved with few interventions and no fancy sophisticated acoustical analysis computer programs were employed. Has the OP tried any of the suggestions and if so what are the results?
Good question, i have tried them all. What i ment was, hope he does not fall for a sales-hype that can come in many different suggestions. I also ment, that an idiot must realize reading a graph, that not many things can solve bass modes of significant + db's. I can measure a somewhat result of a bass panel absorber. What they do for a low bass peak mode is pretty much nothing. That is raw fact. A XTZ RA pro II cost no more than a rather cheap power chord. Such kit's did cost alot a few years ago. Don't rely on things you can't verify. There are to many vested crooks wishing to earn your cash. When i mention this cable soloution, it is actually a suggestion i was getting from a manufacturer. He was so into this i began to wonder if i could walk on water buying a set of his magic cables. Ah, you get the point. I suggest the OP try to mail Richard Bird at Rives and also Gik acoustics, just to see what responses he'll get. Both companies are very nice. From this point he can figure himself what to do. As mention and to repeat myself, the RA pro II is not to throw money for the pigs. It is a good way to actually see, understand and learn what to do.
Mechans, ofcourse. Back off a few years or more, such programs (complete kits) was very much more expensive and not as good. Not to to mention, as easy to use. The XTZ is advanced and great quality for a more than a resonable cost all new. This is also why many companies could rely on the fact, we could not check facts for ourselves, but rather relied on their sales-hype.
If one implements the wrong solution for an acoustic problem, then yeah, it's not going to work very well. But if I have a spike at (say) 43 Hz, and I install a tuned acoustic filter (Helmholz, etc.) designed for maximum absorption at 43 Hz, and things don't get better, then I either need

a) better placement
b) more filter

This isn't voodoo.