CEC - how are they these days?

I am in the market for CD transport in the price range of within $3K. There are lots of candidates, and I found out that CEC at least used to make good transports. I checked their website to find out there is no mention of US distribution. I am wondering whether someone out there own or have experience with CEC's newest lines, specifically TL 2 or 51, and what you think about them. Any comment or information about products or dealer in US is highly appreciated. Ken
khokugo
Oops. I meant "I am not saying that I am UNhappy with my current Pioneer DV525 (mod) as transport". It sounds great (thanks, Dan), except for the occasionally annoying spinnig noise.
My recent short contact with the Parasound is that they have excellent service and prompt return for my 4 years old CEC. The belt in CEC is quite reliable. CEC and perhaps Burmester transport had certain musical quality that's quite different from others. The vocal just seem to sound "right." It does not have the thin sound that's typical in Japanese electronics. And it gives each musical note some weight that makes the presentation more palpable.

Jason
Audio Union is the US and Canada distributor for CEC products. The TL1 and the TL51 are no longer available, out of production. Present production of players and transports is CD5, TL5, TL2N, TL0 3
Buy the Pro-Ject audio transport  it is the best so far that I have heard.  Had them all at one point in time.
Post removed