Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Spikes are certainly better than no spikes, but can't even come close o the improvement that Starsound SP 101 platforms provide. Apparently the Townshend spring platforms are at least as effective.
I prefer the sonics of my 2.4s with the outrigger/spikes. But I am uncertain how much of the difference is because of the extra 2-3” height versus coupling to the floor (rug over tile/slab).
tomthiel,

The base can be whatever design one prefers. Ideally it should also add stability to the speaker. I have CS 7.2 and CS 6 which are fairly heavy so I did not them to be tipsy. 

I used the threaded inserts at the bottom of the speakers and ran a threaded brass bolt with a spacer to couple the speaker to base. 
Apply some footers and your set. 

This material is sonically superior to aluminum. One who benefit from an aluminum outrigger. With the Panzerholz the audible difference is very obvious. 
Post removed 
beetlemania

Thank You for the follow up. When I contact AYRE about upgrading to the Twenty Series, I will inquire about replacing the stock Fuse(s). In the event Ryan or one of the other guys recommends a certain brand of fuse, will post the conversation  here.

Happy Listening!