Cable box to outboard DAC

I would like to connect my cable box , a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2200 , to a DAC . The cable company says that the digital audio out connection is AC-3 . It looks like a single RCA connection . Is this correct ?
Does an aftermarket DAC manufacturer make a component that will read this type of signal ? I would like a better sound than I am getting from the analog RCA outputs which uses the cable box DAC . This is for the cable company's CD quality music only channels not the regular TV channels .
saki70
Some (not very many) support PCM out of the digital output. A lot of them also can be software configured for specific cable companies. So, its kind of hard to tell whether your RCA digital output can be fed into a two-channel DAC or not. Most cannot.

That said, I've got a Scientifc Atlanta 8350HD, and there is a menu setting where I can tell the box what to send over the coax digital out. That works fine. You might just check the menu settings to see if there is some ability to modify what goes out of the box. AC3 through a 2CH DAC will not sound like music.
Thanks Edesilva . Unfortunatly my box does not allow for a change in the signal out .

Anyone else ?
hit the settings button on your remote control twice and go into menu and look through the options.