Bought a new McIntosh amp

Hello folks !
I just bought a new MC152 and now having doubts about my decision. I currently have Rotel RB-1552 mkII / RC1572 setup driving a pair of Paradigm 800f. I have not opened the sealed box yet because I’m thinking of returning the amp to be exchanged for new speakers (Klipsch) and an Rotel RB-1582 amp (more power 200w p/c).
While at Audio Advice store, I went in another demo room and listened to a Heresy IV driven by a different McIntosh setup ( MC462) and I was impressed but the mind was still on the path of getting the mc152 instead of replacing speakers.
Is it safe bet to just keep the mc152 and get a feel of speaker change later ?
I’d like to hear opinions good or bad about the MC152. Thanks !

switchman
avanti1960,, I had a short demo at Crutchfield but it was hooked up only to a B&W bookshelf, i think its the 706. It sounded nice, and that got my attention to the model that I can afford. 
 yakbob,,,, I just might keep it and use my Rotel pre-amp for now. going to look for a used Rogue pre or used my 40 year old HK as pre-amp.

If in doubt of the amplifier you have I would return it. The best sounding amplifier that Macintosh has in my opinion is the 
MC 275. It is plenty of amplifier for the heresy speakers, I believe it has 75 watts a channel. MC 275 is considered a classic because it’s the only amplifier that I have heard from them that has MAGIC and that’s why it’s a classic. Best of luck

I owned the McIntosh MC152 and it is a very powerful amp.  The output transformers are inside the case to save a little money and to keep the form factor small by Mac standards.  I moved up to a MC302 and it is the same sound, only more wattage.  The Mac is better than your Rotel any day of the week.
I'm just getting back to the hifi hobby and want to try out McIntosh again but affordability is the big hurdle with the "liked" models. I had a mc240 long time ago but my handmade Marshal amp built from scratch sounded better than the 240 driving Altec Lansing speakers.

I'm still feeling the itch to just try it out, worst that may happen if I don't like how it sounds is exchanged it for the Heresy speakers. Not sure if that's acceptable with the dealer. will find out later.