architectual digest hifi setup.

How come arch digest mag never shows ht hifi setups in these wealthy homes?

emergingsoul
why do you think a system has to be in the magazine?      the magazine isn’t about hi fi 

isn’t that why they have hi fi magazines ?
Those AD shoots are heavily staged. Most Interior designers despise a visible stereo system . Roxy54 is spot on.
I work in the high-end residential design/build business.

I can tell you, it is extremely rare that one of my high end clients are also audiophiles which their system has to be considered within a design. In fact, can probably count on one hand how many I have encountered in over 35 years.

Now, do some want a sound system? Yes, some do, but in those cases most work with a dedicated HT/Sound professional and incorporate systems we would not consider ’audiophile’. And most clients think those systems are just wonderful for their needs. They are also mostly ’hidden’ with built-in equipment and in-wall/ceiling speakers. It is amazing on what some will spend on those types of systems.

Architectural Digest is in the business of showcasing high-end (sometimes ’rich and famous’) interiors and sometimes exteriors. They don’t even consider a project for any sound system. Neither do any of the architectural publications I receive. Architectural Digest isn’t really for those in the business, it is more a ’coffee table’ mag.